The island of Cyprus, the legendary birthplace of Aphrodite, is a beautiful and romantic location for celebrating your marriage vows. The Almyra team is ready to help you add some local touches that promise to make your Cyprus wedding memorable. Here are five ways to bring Cypriot culture into your celebration:
- Use local foliage, such as leafy olive branches, in floral decorations. Clusters of rosemary and lavender branches make fragrant additions to table-top arrangements.
- In Cyprus, the shaving of the groom’s beard is a rite of passage prior to the ceremony—and it is becoming increasingly popular with guests from abroad. Let us arrange a barber for you.
- Include some Cypriot dishes in your wedding feast. Grilled chicken and pork souvalaki make for festive appetizers. Fresh fish from the sea is as local as it gets!
- When it comes to toasting the bridal couple, why not set aside the sparkling wine and enjoy shots of ouzo, mastic, or Commandaria liqueur instead?
- Sugared almond sweets are a must for every Cypriot wedding. These treats can be offered as favours or used as table decorations. We can help you source them from a nearby village.
Almyra offers a host of options for planning your wedding celebration, whether it be an intimate affair or a big bash. You will find the right setting for your ceremony among our rooftop terraces and seaside lawns, while our culinary venues are available for cocktail receptions and wedding banquets. Contact our wedding manager (+357 26 888 716 or firstname.lastname@example.org) for help with all the details.